If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Steam loco allocations in southern Argentina and Chile during the 1970s

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by Martin Coombs, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Martin Coombs

Martin Coombs New Member

Normally I contribute solely in the Narrow Gauge section of Nat Pres, but am popping out to ask a question:
    During the '70s and '80s I contributed/subscribed to Dave Thornhill's 'World Steam' newsletters, but rather foolishly gave them away later on.

I wish now that I had looked through relevant issues of WS or of the CRJ to find out the loco allocations of the following Argentine and Chilean steam depots which lay more-or-less within my Patagonian area of interest:

Argentina
    Bahía Blanca, Neuquén, Patagones, San Antonio Oeste, Ing. Jacobacci, Bariloche, Comodoro Rivadavia and Puerto Deseado.

Chile
    Valdivia, Osorno, Puerto Montt, and Collilelfu/Los Lagos for the Riñihue metre gauge line.

If anyone has the time to look out any such lists of locos, or alternatively to photocopy them, I would be most grateful and would be happy to pay any minor expenses.

This is in connection with my website at http://www.railwaysofthefarsouth.co.uk/ and with a current project to turn this material into a book.

With thanks for any assistance anyone can give.

Martin Coombs

2. mickpop

mickpop Resident of Nat Pres

Retired
    I've still got my World Steams from 1975 onwards [in spite of my wife's best efforts] and will try to find the relevent items to scan. May take a few days.

3. Martin Coombs

Martin Coombs New Member

That's great. Thanks very much.

Martin