If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

SVR festive season

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by olly5764, Nov 28, 2016.

1. olly5764

olly5764 Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    While I appreciate that Santa specials, tinsel on locos etc may not be everyone's cup of tea, I thought with less than a week to go before Santa trains start, I should give this a mention.
    Hope the admins don't mind me saying but if anyone wants to bring their kids to see Santa, there are seats left on the 3.30 and 4 pm trains on December 3rd, 4th and 10th and on the 4 pm ONLY on the 11th and the Santa Heralds have limited seats left on both the 10.30 and 1.30 trains on the 20th, 21st and 22nd. Pre booking is essential and can be done on 01562 757900, NO TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE DAY.
    For those who just want to take pictures and not travel, the first train departs Kidderminster at 09.45 and the last one at 16.00 (So will be back into Kidder around 17.30). The Cafe's at Kidderminster and Bewdley will be open as will the shops and the museum, but please note that parking at Kidderminster will be very restricted for non-passengers owing to the volume of people traveling.
    Those of you wishing to work off the Christmas Turkey, show off your new camera, or just want something to do post Christmas, we are running from Boxing day until January 2nd with a service similar to Timetable A with 2 steam engines and the diesel railcar in action, 5 trains over the full length of the line each way per day plus the 1.42 shuttle from Bridgnorth to Highley and back with the DMU, No need to pre-book on those days, normal fares apply and those of you who are staff on railways with whom we have reciprocal travel arrangements can of course use your passes for free.
    Some of you I'm sure will be joining us in Bewdley for New years eve, it would be good to say hello to a few people on the trains too!