If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Tangmere and Pocket Rocket come to Grief on Exeter Central Bank

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by hatherton hall, Mar 5, 2014.

1. hatherton hall

hatherton hall Well-Known Member

I have just responded to a request for footage of the climb out of Bradford of 45407 in 2006 and the fact that I was on the train recording the drama of the occasion. I have not yet fathomed out how to transfer that video footage on a non digital camera to You Tube. I have guaranteed a superb 7 minutes recording from the train, if I can sort it out.

It brought my mind to another on train incident which has gone down in the annals of mainline steam. I refer to the stalling of Tangmere and the Standard class 4 on Exeter Central bank on a train from Minehead. I have seen footage from the lineside and some of that has been dramatic indeed.

I think I can top it. As with the Bradford train, I was on board and filmed from the third coach the passing of Exeter St Davids and all of the events leading to the dramatic stall at the top of the bank.

If I can sort out how to transfer the footage digitally, I KNOW that there will be a queue to view both this and the Bradford climb. It really will be worthwhile.

WARNING: On the Exeter trip, there are a few choice words as it became apparent that we would never get over the top!

2. 46236

46236 Well-Known Member

lord of the manor
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    you need ,video easy rescue'

3. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

if your video player as a video out, you can probably find the adapter you need to plug into your PC.

(My PC has an aerial in socket, so I could put my VHS and press play, the PC acts like a tv and a recorder..)

Then on your PC you can do a video capture as it plays and save it as a wav/mp3 etc.

4. hatherton hall

hatherton hall Well-Known Member

Thanks for that and I will give it a try and then let the download begin!