If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

"The Tamar Tornado" 8th.August.2009.

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by SteamHawk216, Aug 1, 2009.

1. SteamHawk216

SteamHawk216 Member

Retired, my occupation for the rest of my life.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hello All,

Thought I would start this thread early as a few things puzzling me. I have emailed Pathfinder Tours with my query, but no response. ](*,) Can someone please tell me why this tour is called "The Tamar Tornado" as the train and locomotive would have to travel two miles plus of track to see the River Tamar.

Don't get me wrong I am really looking forward to seeing 60163 TORNADO in Plymouth. But I feel that some people are booking this trip thinking they are going to be crossing or at least seeing the Royal Albert Bridge. Not so, unless they travel on by other means, ie; HST, DMU or bus/taxi. I think some will return to the midlands believing they have seen the River Tamar, where as they have seen the River Plym.

I think a better name would have been "The Plymouth Tornado", "The Francis Drake Tornado" or "The South Banks Tornado"

Does anyone know if a diesel will be following the tour down, to tow it out of Plymouth Station for turning for the return trip, as "The Devonian" was last week.

Best regards SteamHawk216.

2. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

Do that have a phone number, I often email some railways with no reply but phone and get a reply in seconds

3. 60525

60525 Member

4. Matt Carey

Matt Carey Member

Latest rumour regarding this tour is that there is currently not enough funds to cover the running of this charter?

This is what i have been told, so dont shot me if its wrong

Can anyone confirm?

Matt

5. free2grice

free2grice Part of the furniture Friend

Retired Rolls-Royce engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have spoken to Mark Allatt this evening at Bristol TM. I am pleased to inform you that this train IS running. <BJ>