If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Worsdell G5 new build. Website down.

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by knotty, Nov 7, 2012.

1. knotty

knotty Member

Does anyone have any idea what's happening with the Worsdell G5 tank new build, which seems to have been progressing well and one that I've been following closely. Their website appears to have been down for the past few weeks: http://www.g5locomotive.co.uk/

I hope that this isn't a bad omen for the project.

2. guard_jamie

guard_jamie Part of the furniture

Signalman
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It's up today.

3. Martin Perry

Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Interesting that they call it a 'restoration'.

4. knotty

knotty Member

@guard_jamie. I panicked too soon. Looks like the build continues, which is fantastic.

@The Saggin' Dragon. That is interesting. Is it because, rather than being an additional member of the class as is the case with the A1 Tornado and The Patriot for example, it is intended to be a 'recreation' of a member of the class, in this case NER 1759? The word, 'restoration' does imply that a body of parts or material exists from the original locomotive. A restoration of a building for instance, implies stripping back later additions and modifications and 'restoring' it to its former glory. It doesn't really imply building a replica from scratch. As I understand it however, this build is almost entirely, if not entirely new.

In any case, it's one that I'm certainly looking forward to and which has my support.