If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Tornado North Wales Coast 21/4/13

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Steve Sienkiewicz, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Steve Sienkiewicz

Steve Sienkiewicz Member

Retired
    I was thinking of heading to somewhere around the Chester area this Saturday to photograph Tornado on its outward trip to Holyhead. Can anyone recommend any good vantage points in that area please? Thanks.

2. Britfoamer

Britfoamer Well-Known Member

Chemist (semi-retired)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Before Chester, Hargrave is an excellent (and popular, take foot stool/box to stand on just in case) shot, open and almost certain to still have regulator open. On map it's off the A41 just East of Waverton onto local road by the Shropshire Union Canal, overbridge.
    After Chester, Mold Junction, over bridge by the old (still standing) engine sheds. Take A5104 out of Chester and turn right onto B5129 before Hawarden Airport. Park before overbridge and walk up, some parking over other side if it's crowded. Lots of room at this popular spot.
    May see you at one or the other, not made my mind up yet, hope this helps.

3. Steve Sienkiewicz

Steve Sienkiewicz Member

Retired
    Many thanks for the info', very much appreciated. Just had a quick look at a couple of online shots from both locations - as you say both look excellent. I'll probably head for Hargrave. Thanks again.