If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

TV Alert: Antiques Roadshow Travel Special, 8pm BBC ONE 30th October

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by green five, Oct 25, 2016.

1. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    60103 Flying Scotsman features in this special episode of The Antiques Roadshow as can be seen in this picture featured in the new issue of the Radio Times out today:[​IMG]
    People travelling on a special excursion hauled by the A3 across Cumbria and Yorkshire took items to be valued on the trip. Someone has an original 60103 smokebox numberplate.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

andalfi1 likes this.
  2. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Had this e-mail through from RTC today about the Antiques Roadshow:

"60103 Flying Scotsman and the Antiques Roadshow

We are pleased to announce that BBC One's Antiques Roadshow was on board The Hadriansteam charter with ourselves this summer, hauled by the world famous steam locomotive No. 60103 Flying Scotsman during its first summer in action following a decade long restoration. Presenter Fiona Bruce, antiques experts and guests joined The Hadrian to film for an autumn special. The Antiques Roadshow - Golden Age of Travel Special will be broadcast on BBC One, 8.00pm-9.00pm, Sunday 30 October.

Filming took place in July when the TV crew joined The Hadrian at Leicester and travelled north to Carnforth to meet Flying Scotsman which provided the steam power onwards over a challenging and scenic route across the Cumbrian Fells, which included the steep climb to Shap Summit, to the border city of Carlisle and then again on the return as far as York."