If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

[US Photoplug] Preserved steam in Colorado

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by wcmlbls1846, May 4, 2009.

1. wcmlbls1846

wcmlbls1846 Well-Known Member

I have published 93 photos of 47 locos taken in September 2008. They range from Shay logging locos to a Big Boy. Denver & Rio Grande narrow gauge survivors are well represented, but other subjects are less likely and include locos built by Bagnall, Henschel, and Orenstein & Koppel.

In addition to locos on the well known Cumbres & Toltec and Durango & Silverton lines, I have included those on other lines such as the Georgetown Loop and Royal Gorge. I have also included locos at the Colorado RR Museum at Golden, at the Forney Transport Museum, Denver, and others on display at various locations throughout the state.

Photos are arranged either by class 1 railroad, otherwise by builder. I am indebted to http://www.steamlocomotive.com/ for much of the caption info.

Here is the link:

http://andrewsoverseastransport.fotopic ... 92148.html

Cheers

AN

2. Martin Perry

Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Fascinating pictures, thanks for sharing them. There seem to be plenty of available potential projects there! The Bagnall (Kitson-Meyer?) is interesting - similar to 'Monarch' at the W&L?

3. odc

odc Member

Network Technician at St Albans School
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The Bagnal is identical to Monarch besides being 2ft instead of 2ft 6'' gauge. I'm not sure if there were all built as a job lot and then sold off to differant places modified accordingly but there were at least 4 meyers like this built, others ending up in Africa.