If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Wanted: "A" Switch Chairs for Wirksworth

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by sleepermonster, Feb 9, 2015.

1. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

I am hoping someone here will be able to help with this. The track gang at Wirksworth have been slaving through the winter moving and rebuilding turnouts, one after another. So far the tally is, one crossover picked up and moved 200 yards, one single slip re-timbered and turned through 180 degrees, and one three-throw and one ordinary turnout re-timbered.

A little further down the list of jobs is a project to install an extra turnout as part of the project to create a steam depot, in which I have a vested interest. This is a tight location and the intention is to use a pair of "A" switches. The rails are in stock, but the chairs were pinched by scrappies.

Does anyone have a set of "A " switches or the chairs for disposal, specifically those from 1PLA to 4PRA, plus the slide chairs and spacer blocks?

Tim

2. Steve

Steve Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Gentleman of leisure, nowadays
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Can't help as we're hanging on to those we have, They are the first ones to break if you have an earth fault! However, I'm sure that they are available new and don't cost the earth,. You could try Keith Bownes & Sons ( www.kjbownes.co.uk ) They've supplied us in the past and may have some S/H ones.