If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

LMS 'B' 31045/ADB 975991

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by Rick Davenport, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Rick Davenport

Rick Davenport New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Hi all, first post for me on here.

I thought it might have been useful to draw your attention to this.

LMS full brake 31045/ADB975991 that has resided at Crewe DMD for many years is now at CF Booth's in Rotherham for breaking up. The vehicle is obviously in a poor state but does still have reuseable parts still attached for those into restoring and running LMS coaches.

It's actually pretty complete apart from the hand brake column has gone. It still has 4 buffers and draw gear, vacuum cylinders and linkage and a pair of LMS bogies with some quite resonable tyres.

Chris Davis, Rolling Stock Manager at Booth's is happy to save parts for people, I have offered to assist with this as best as possible but he doesn't want to hang onto it for too long so if any preservation groups or individuals want any parts I would strongly recommend getting in quick. His contact details are; 07775 805124 or chrisdavis@cfbooth.com

A handy link; http://www.cs.vintagecarriagestrust.org/se/CarriageInfo.asp?Ref=4632

Hope it's of use to somebody, bogies look too good to waste!

Regards,
    Rick Davenport.