If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

LU 150

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Christopher125, Nov 8, 2011.

1. andrewtoplis

andrewtoplis Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Re: LU 150 plans...

Well said Miff, I think people are being unfair to Dan here.

Plenty more on the London Reconnections blog.

2. james1983

james1983 Member

I agree with miff, it won't put me off but next time I will pm as appossed to making it fully public in terms of details, i.e I'll make an anmouncent and people can pm me for further details if and when I hear of such workings at work as there is a fair few of us enthusiasts at work, it was actually a text from one of them which made me swing by the office and see him.

Anyway, this will all be subject to if and when the next event happens and whether I can make it fully public if it's sensitive to LU.

James

3. Andy2857

Andy2857 Member

I'm with Miff on this one. If it wasn't for Dan and James's posts I wouldn't have known about this at all. They gave as much info as they felt they reasonably could at the time without putting themselves or other parties at risk. Whats wrong with that?

Thank you Dan and James, and as said by others, I hope nothing said here puts you off posting in future.

4. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

I agree entirely, there was enough information to work out was happening even if precise details couldnt be given. In the circumstances that seems more than fair.

Chris

5. andrewtoplis

andrewtoplis Well-Known Member

What do you do for LU James? Reply by PM if you're not happy to chat on the open board. Andy

6. Miff

Miff Part of the furniture Friend

7. james1983

james1983 Member

Andy

Not a problem PM on its way,

Regards

James

8. Neil_Scott

Neil_Scott Part of the furniture

Railway servant

That's ok for you Chris because you contributed to the speculation whilst already with the knowledge of what was going on. What's the point of posting half a story instead of waiting for the whole story to emerge? It's not like anyone would have been able to see the engine going round the LU anyway.

9. Miff

Miff Part of the furniture Friend

I had no prior knowledge or connection to the event but the 'half a story' posted (plus all the previous information in this thread about LU150 plans) was enough for me and others to guess this was going to be the first UndergrounD steam working for many years. This was exciting news, never mind what loco was involved. That's the point.

10. Christopher125

I dont agree, if nobody could post or discuss 'half a story' on NatPres without knowing all the details we'd have nothing to talk about. In this case, while the specific loco, timings and where it was being stabled were (quite rightly IMO) held back, even if they werent hard to guess, there was still enough information to know what was happening and when.

Thats crucial in my opinion - its when someone says something has, or will, happen but they cant say what or when and refer to information (such as TOPS) which isnt publically available that really annoys because you cant even guess, let alone look for details elswhere.

Chris

11. Christopher125

With thanks to flickr user bowroaduk, a photo of Sarah Siddons being moved to Eastleigh for vacuum brakes to be refitted so she can be operated with the Chesham set, Jubilee carriage and Met No1.

Chris

12. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles

Excellent news.

13. james1983

james1983 Member

Afternoon All.

Thought I'd give a little bit of an update on information I've received at work on next years celebrations. This hasn't been copied and pasted direct but a mere sypnopsis from myself on what can be viewed publicaly by all LU Employees / LU Contractors on LU's System.

1st Charter is to recreate the inaugural run from either Paddington or Baker Street to Farringdon with Met 1 and Sarah Siddons.
    2nd Charter Acton Town to Edgware Road with Met 1 W/E 12/13th Jan.
    3rd Charter (Summer 2013) Amersham (I'm assuming to either Baker Street or Harrow on the Hill as no details are included on destination / based on Amershams' Heritage day a few weekends ago) Met 1, 1938 Stock, L99 using heritage stock currently being restored / from Bluebell Rail. A rake of up to 6 is mentioned.

It's also planned for Neasden Depot to be opened up to show all LU historic stock etc.

There are various other events being held next year, books, stamps, exhibtions, talks etc etc.

So far this is all the information I have but hopefully this will give you a flavour of what to expect next year.

14. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles

Not quite sure what you mean by "viewed publicly by all LU employees/LU contractors on LU's system." If only those people can view it then it's not very public. Has something got lost in the translation?

15. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

16. james1983

james1983 Member

Spamcan81 - Not really lost in translation, I was trying to put it accross that the information posted had not been sourced illegally / copyright etc. I agree with your comment about the public, wording isn't brilliant, but it's just to explain even though I'm not employed directly by LU I work for them as an LU Sub-Contractor.

After the last time I posted information on the trial steaming I didn't mind the comments raised, but wanted to try and show with this post that the information is from an offical post and that I'm hopefully not breaching policies my end.

Hopefully that tries to explain it better!

17. james1983

james1983 Member

phew......was getting worried then!

Mods' - Thanks for the quick PM.

18. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician

Anyone aware of any more details for this? Noticed HR are insinuating L94 (TYS) and 9466 (DH) are going to be working the summer trains.

A quick look through Google and all I've found are the mins from Nov 2011 (above), appeal leaflet for Met1 and mention of a Conference.

http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/assets/downloads/pdfs/ReturnofSteam2013.pdf

Going Underground: Travel Beneath the Metropolis 1863-2013 - A Conference to Mark the 150th Anniversary of the London Underground - HistEvents

Is there any more information available elsewhere? Tempting to come down the big smoke for this.

19. Paul.Uni

Paul.Uni Well-Known Member

20. twr12

twr12 Well-Known Member

Press Release about LU 150 will be out next week.