I visited on the Friday when there was probably slightly less activity but still an excellent event. A sensible approach to H&S was adopted when...
Certainly when I started with BR in the 1980’s it was always said that the railway ran on TLA’s. (three letter acronyms)! You gradually got to...
Whilst I wouldn’t disagree with the sentiment that the works would have more logically/economically been done in one hit, I suspect that from a...
To be fair to the lady in question, a fair number of the Bluebell vintage coaches (including the Metropolitans?) did use to have an interior...
From my own experience when I visited last year another negative in terms of visitors experience with the use of diesels is that within a very...
I wasn’t necessarily expecting to see the Heisler (or many of the collection) restored to working order as that simply isn’t practical for a...
I think the Renishaw Heisler would be top of my list to see on display, if only so I could pose this on its prototype! Possibly not the most...
Yes, a very enjoyable day with only a bit of timetable slippage. The long TSR between West Hoathly and Kingscote wasn’t helping in that regard...
From observation walking past it today, it did appear to contain a certain amount of what looked to be fixed seating although there were a few...
I’d agree with the other posts, full credit to the organisers and volunteers for putting on an excellent event. 65 years of experience clearly...
Not necessarily. Unless all the cut material is removed and/or disposed of by controlled burning, once it has dried out it is potentially going to...
A pity from an acoustic perspective as the noise of the oil firing as fitted previously was fairly obtrusive but totally understandable from a...
I actually thought that for a gala the timekeeping was generally excellent, despite a signalling issue at Ropley requiring trains to be flagged...
I think what would be a more relevant issue is that I don’t think that either line could actually spare any motive power at present! I understand...
However you look at it, there seems to be no real logic to the decision. I would suggest that if passengers were surveyed as to whether they had...
Separate names with a comma.