If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

2.5" Gresley coaches

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by D1039, Mar 1, 2020.

1. D1039

D1039 Guest

Seen at http://www.82045.org.uk/news/82045_news-feb20.html

a couple of years ago, we advertised for sale a number of two-and-a-half inch gauge Gresley coaches in various stages of completion. These had been donated to the Trust on behalf of a gentleman who had passed away while engaged in his labour of love. One coach is complete, and we have - as far as I can judge - the materials needed to finish the others. They really are works of art, and it is a great shame that no one came forward with even a modest offer for them. They have been stored at my sister's house for the past three years or so. Very sadly, my sister unexpectedly died in the autumn, and her house now needs to be cleared.

It would be terrible to let these lovely coaches go to house clearance, and I'd far rather let them go for nothing to anyone prepared to make the journey to Cheshire to pick them up. Please let Chris know (telephone 01928 787255) if you're interested.

I've no connection here or with the modelling community, I hope it interests someone

Patrick