Bullied? Tut, tut. Here we are courtesy of SeMG : "In 1952 BR decided that each region should have coal-weighing tenders in connection with the testing of coal and water consumption. The LMR and ER had four, the WR two but the SR only one, 3343 (fitted first to 35014, then 35015 from June 1956 and from May 1958 to 35024) a standard 6,000 gallon third series Merchant Navy tender. The modification required the removal of most of the top of the tender. The new bunker had straight sides and a curved top giving an Ivatt-style appearance. Behind the bunker was the weighing equipment, in a rectangular metal box, which had a steel yard-arm suspended by two camshafts, one on each side. The larger one measured in 10 cwt divisions to 8 tons and the smaller in 7 lb divisions to 10 cwt. The rear of the tender was like a normal third series tender though the vacuum cylinders were replaced with two larger, "Lord Nelson" ones to provide room for the extra equipment. When first converted there was no tender cab, but one was installed almost immediately. The tender was removed from 35024 in December 1961 and, after the weighing equipment had been removed, was re-bodied. 3343 had, more than any other, suffered badly from split welds to the front of the tank."