If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

34067, now 45231 - The Cheshireman - 12/09/2015

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by LMarsh1987, Sep 7, 2015.

1. KristianGWR

KristianGWR Member

A short clip from me, filmed at Llantilio Pertholey, near Abergavenny, as she begins the ascent of Llanfihangel Bank.

steam man and KentYeti like this.
  2. maureen

maureen Member

Yes I did have a good day out, in the first coach next to the support coach.

KentYeti likes this.
  3. ficksberglion

ficksberglion New Member

4. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    Just to clarify, my post wasn't a criticism about VT or 45593 (or 5593 for that matter), but NR's gauging practice, so apologies for any lack of clarity on my part as to my intended meaning.

As for the numbers issue, its just my personal preference, and I haven't criticised you for reverting to its LMS guise. Whilst the debate of livery and numbering will no doubt continue ad-nauseum, its rightly up to you, the custodian who has striven to secure any funding required, how it is turned out, ideally with due deference to the locomotive's history. As this has been done with Kolhapur, there's no arguments from me there, either.

On the NR numbering point, you do raise an unexpected conundrum. If NR are using fora such as this to inform themselves about a locomotive's current guise, and in doing so get the wrong number, then this in itself raises an equally interesting, if somewhat unfortunate point. The way round it is to paint all mainline-registered steam locomotives by their TOPS numbers (ie. 98693), but I can't see this happening.

That said, and despite running the risk of being labelled obstinate by all and sundry, I have no intention of going out of my way to change my personal preferences just on the off-chance that NR use this forum as a basis for constructing their timing sheet.

Anyway, apologies for offence.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  5. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    But there will no doubt be some at the lineside complaining.....

6. bob.meanley

bob.meanley Member

BP No offence taken, apology not needed, Bob

7. Bifur01

Bifur01 Member

A few short clips from me, at Severn Tunnel Junction, Llanvihangel Crucorney, and Dinmore:

Shoddy127 likes this.
  8. alastair

alastair Well-Known Member

Great filming,thank you for posting!