If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

4141 on (normal) passenger trains 27-30 Dec

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by SR-Simon, Dec 17, 2012.

1. SR-Simon

SR-Simon New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Newly overhauled locomotive number 4141 is rostered to be hauling the "Mince Pie specials" on 27-30th Dec, between Ongar and North Weald. Inclusive heritage buses also running from Epping LUL Station (and high street), making it easy to access the closest heritage railway to the capital.

Tickets are valid for travel all day, in steam heated coaches, mince pie included, and on the Sat & Sun there is a later train, so even the opportunity to practice your dusk photography (don't forget the sun sets over/behind North Weald signalbox giving some excellent opportunities to combine the two??)

The timetable is now up on our website ( http://eorailway.co.uk/inc/images/your-visit/timetables-and-fares/mince-pie.png ), and you can book an advance all-day ticket on our website and get it cheaper!

Come and travel on the award winning Epping Ongar Railway, named "Railway of the Year" at the National Railway Heritage Awards, and visit the Grade II listed Ongar Station which won the Volunteers award! Epping Ongar Railway - News -

On a personal note, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU on behalf of the whole team to everyone for your support this year and we look forward to welcoming you down for this finale to the year before we go into our winter maintenance season (no passenger services until Easter; i.e. Jan, Feb and most of March, details to follow).

Regards, Simon, GM, EOR

2. SR-Simon

SR-Simon New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    As a special Christmas Pressy from all of us at EOR, we will be giving every passenger on our Mince Pie Specials (27-30th Dec) a voucher for £3 in our excellent Gift Shop. So there is no better reason to escape from the extra helpings of Turkey Sandwiches or repeats on TV, and explore your local (award winning) heritage railway, and get to travel behind our newly overhauled locomotive number 4141! Buses also running from Epping and the timetables are on our website :eek:)