If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

48518: Remains of....

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by 46118, Mar 5, 2009.

1. simon

simon Resident of Nat Pres

hence the use of the words some and could.

2. 61624

61624 Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    To return to the topic, is there much left now? I thought Ian Riley was having the cylinders, the wheels were going to 48773 and the axleboxes to the Patriot That doesn't leave a great deal!

3. Gav106

Gav106 Well-Known Member

Driving wheels to 8624, clyinders to ian riley, front ponie wheelset and its axlebox to patriot, lots of spare parts from it still available but are on offer to other 8f owners, not sure who will need them but they have been offered to greg wilson for his 8f. As others have said, there isnt the money from enough people to see this restored. If its parts go to restoring another 8f, keeping 8624 running when its tyres need changing, boiler to county, front wheelsets to patriot, not sure what ian riley can do with cylinders (are they compattible with anything) then although we have lost the engine it will help many others return to steam.

4. Steve

Steve Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Gentleman of leisure, nowadays
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    AFAIK the cylinders are the same as a Black 5 apart from the distance from the cylinder C/L to the frameplate and this can be accommodated with a spacing shim.

5. 26D_M

26D_M Part of the furniture

Thought one cylinder from the 8f already fitted to 45407?