If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

4936 - Kinlet Hall Update

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Jonathan Jones Pratt, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Jonathan Jones Pratt

Jonathan Jones Pratt New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Afternoon,

I have being keeping tabs on recent and past posts most with some interest, no doubt this was something that I would understand would occur/develop and would no doubt become a topic for discussion!

The vision with 7027 is one of pure dedication and desire to see the last remaining Castle class engine out running again, one that will be supported by close friends and colleagues with the hard work and dedication needed to make this project a success! We have been working on this project for over 18 months now and can assure you that the press release was released as a factual representation of where we stand today. I believe the information provided on 7027 explains exactly our position and ownership of the engine. We will see the old girl returning to WSM this week we hope, I will be away to load her on Friday.

Now onto 4936 - Kinlet Hall, this a engine I have been involved with for sometime and of which have sat actively as a daily board member (director), a influenced decision made of one of the reasons she returned to the WSR as a resident engine. Namely as this is where i reside as fireman, 4936 has seen a exciting past and all credit goes to Peter Weaver and his team, who without them have saved the old girl. One person quite right noted my 25% share holding in the engine, of which this has now evolved to 100% ownership. The direction on completion of the 100% share holding and ownership of both 4936 and KHL Ltd as a company that we would conclude in a sensitive fashion and whilst I now own the engine, the vision is very much to keep the working structure of the group together and ensure we keep that team together. I do read some of the posts with tinted glasses, whilst we live in a day of age when persons are able to engage with the wider audience ...... Namely internet forums to express views, comments etc. One may chose to step back and consider feelings of individuals. Some of the older boys that make up '4936' have been with that engine for over 40 years, those people i respect and this is why i believe the correct way is not to effectively push speculation under persons noses. My comments to SR were brief on the discussion of 4936, but one feeling i was clear on is that the ownership of Kinlet Hall is one that i am very proud of and will be fully committed to pushing a fast track overhaul post October 2016, some may consider that if such purchase wasn't progress then Kinlet may have been left at some place no other then a head shunt on a Railway awaiting the hope of a glimmer of cash to bank roll her through ready for pastures new. The facts are clear the decision was made that JJP holdings would purchase 4936 to ensure and protect her future, and to ensure and give back another chance for the current group to enjoy her again. I do take slight hindrance that some would challenge my comments say in SR as with any press release one would hope we could report on something like the ownership of the engine would be correct. This to confirm is correct...................

I wouldn't normally reply in such way but I have in the hope that we can put a end to the speculation and I ask that you get behind the two projects and share with us in the future the fun and excitement these two old ladies will bring.

Finally for the record companies house will update accordingly but its unlikely you will see any changes for the next 6 months, the updating system can be very slow!

Thank you for reading this and it is our direction that we share our news as things progress, do keep in touch if you have any questions! Or better still come down to our open day on the 11th!

Jonathan Jones-Pratt
    Chairman
    JJP holdings SW Ltd

2. Reading General

Reading General Part of the furniture

welcome. Saving 7027 from an uncertain future means we are in your debt. Well done.

3. Matt37401

Matt37401 Nat Pres stalwart

Nosy aren’t you?
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    My apologies if I unintentionally added to the speculation over 4936 Jonathan, I hope the day when your 2 steeds are in steam side by side at Minehead isn't too far away. :)

4. daveannjon

daveannjon Well-Known Member

Yes, best of luck with your project, I'll miss 7027 standing there every time I volunteer at Rowsley.

Be careful with the loading and unloading, with no springs wheels were in the air a couple of times when it arrived!

Cheers
    Dave
    PS Kinlet Hall was of course at Peak Rail as well years ago.