If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

60010 Dominion of Canadas Neglect

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by ngaugekid, Mar 6, 2009.

1. athelney

athelney Member

Retired warranty administrator
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Thanks ADB968008 for the photo's - same as mine & condition not bad & it is under a roof -- I did notice the crunch at the front as well , did not see a shedplate attached either .

2. athelney

athelney Member

Retired warranty administrator
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Thanks SG-Canada for your comments regarding preservation here in North America, you are spot on as we struggle at the WCRA to keep interest going in order to raise funds for projects - no HLF to tap into.This area of the world grew up on cars , railways do not generate the same level of interest, a lot of our members have ties or relatives connected with Uk or Europe so importing their views to the presevation scene over here.
    I regularly work alone on 2860 & if we get 2 or 3 people at one time then we think we are overstaffed!! -- Only on steam up days do we see any number of people come out to the site .

cheers Richard .

As regards 60010 she seems to be in the same state as the other locos at Delson -- there but not forgotten .

3. 22A

22A Well-Known Member

Administrator
    I dug this thread out to remind us all that "everything does come eventually to those who wait"