If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by 6026 King John, Jul 12, 2014.

1. 6026 King John

6026 King John Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but does anyone know what is happening to the Standard 5 on the Mid Hants? I see that 34016 has gone to Southall and that the Moguls are shortly off to Swanage but what about 73096?

2. Swan Age

Swan Age Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    At the moment, it's future has not been revealed. Although some will know but have not made public it's future. 34016 incidentally is now at Carnforth, having moved there overnight.

3. martin butler

martin butler Part of the furniture

It will be made clear very soon, as to what this engines future is to be and where its heading, the agreement expires in September, thats only 6 weeks away, now that Bodmin is at Carnforth, the mogols i believe are to move during early august , i should imagine the 5 will move after the mogols likily location dont know , but i would expect either crewe or carnforth or at an outside bet Swanage, depending on if its been sold and to whome ,if JB retains it i think it could very well join 31806 at Swanage

4. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

A wait and see on this one Martin. I would think there's lots of twists and turns before all comes clear.