If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

82045 The way ahead?

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by Kinghambranch, May 24, 2008.

1. acorb

acorb Part of the furniture

Another good use of the Engine House, its so much more than a storage facility; hopefully this will present another way of publicising this worthwhile and exciting project to members and general public.

2. Broomhalla

Broomhalla Well-Known Member

Will there be a good old fashion donation box next to the pattern?

3. boldford

boldford Member

A nice idea but outside my Ballywick. I only spend the money, wisely I hope, but you might be pleased to know the pattern is now safely in the charge of Mr Mee pending preparation of display facilities.

4. porous pot

porous pot New Member

Cracking idea, Grommet!

It'll give me the opportunity of chucking a couple of quid to the cause.

5. boldford

boldford Member

6. Broomhalla

Broomhalla Well-Known Member

As one of your minor members i am pleased that the wheel pattern is complete and will soon be on show. Any idea when you'll be able to do gift aid on donations?

7. 82045MS

82045MS Member

Membership Sec. 82045 Loco Trust
    Hopefully the Fund should have charity status later this year, arrangements are in hand. http://www.82045.org.uk is right up to date on this and other news . Incidentally, no need to wait for a collection box in order to help the Fund......once again it`s all there on the website under "How to Help". However, no doubt a collection box can and will be arranged as part of the display at the EH. =P~

8. 46118

46118 Part of the furniture

Dont the frames look impressive in the photos on the 82045 website?

Like Broomhalla, I look foreward to dropping some cash in a donation box on SVR Members day at the end of March.

I also applaud the fact that the website is being updated regularly. Some other Heritage places and projects could learn....

9. 82045MS

82045MS Member

=P~ Impressive indeed 46118 and for all who are interested the frames will be uncovered at the forthcoming SVR Gala. The fund will be attending with sales, exhibition stand and raffle tickets. First prize in the raffle is a full 32 mile return journey on the footplate (date and loco to be arranged) and if anyone who cannot be at the Gala wishes to buy tickets they may do so by contacting the membership secretary (address and email on http://www.82045.org.uk ). Tickets are £1 each,(£5 per book) and please remember to send a SAE. Other prizes include 1st and 3rd classs return SVR tickets, M&S gift vouchers and 82045 caps. =D>

10. Pesmo

Pesmo Member

Fully agree, I won't name names either, but all it needs is a small update every couple of months or so, and most importantly some photos =D>

11. boldford

boldford Member

I would like to think we're getting the balance right between frequent updates and a blow-by-blow blog. Perhaps I'm wrong but I'd be very surprised if the audience at NP necessarily wanted to read "chapter and verse" on how each particular part was manufactured. I think a periodic summary is enough but I'm open to correction.

How much is too much?

12. Steve

Steve Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Gentleman of leisure, nowadays
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It might provide some good and worthwhile information if some of the more interesting jobs were described in detail, especially where problems have been overcome. There's always room for people to learn and pass on the skills.

13. Pesmo

Pesmo Member

Boldford, I think at the moment you have got it pretty well dead right in terms of info and photos.

Just seeing the photos of your completed pattern for the drive wheel as well as the news info about project being adopted and going for charity status has filled me with more confidence and another small donation will be following after I get paid next month. No doubt others will do the same.

Progress, organisation, transparency and a track record inspires confidence of potential funders large & small. If the project can continue at this rate then in my view it will find it easier to raise the money for the really expensive stuff like the Boiler [-o< cylinders and wheels. They will always be the sticky bit though. :-k

14. Kinghambranch

Kinghambranch Well-Known Member

Retired
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I'm with Pesmo - a small cheque on its way, which I hope will help.

15. 82045MS

82045MS Member

Thank you gentlemen, enough small cheques will get the job done, although we are always on the look out for a whopper! Tornado is a shining example and our ambitions are modest by comparison.
    Tony took delivery of the drivers pedestal yesterday and has taken it to Bridgnorth today to add to the gathering parts. Another small step ............ =D> =D>

16. 46118

Will the frames be "uncovered" during the forthcoming Spring Gala please?

17. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Quoted from the previous page of this thread....

18. 82045MS

82045MS Member

Yes (see my posting on 20th Feb.). The frames will be uncovered for the 6th,7th and 8th March and again at the members and shareholders weekend, 28th,29th March. The other items ( castings,buffer beams etc.) have now been moved to a safer place indoors, but may still be on show, but not on the 6th which is a working day on the SVR. We will have representatives at the frames to answer questions, sell raffle tickets and recruit new members. Hope to see you there !

19. 46118

Thanks again. Apologies for my sins of errors and omissions for not reading back through the topic!

20. jtx

jtx Well-Known Member

Happily retired
    Sent off my S/O last week. 1st instalment will leave on 1st March. Hope it's ready before I come off the footplate. Will check out the frames from my lofty perch on 71000 on 6th. (Helluvajob, but someone's gotta do it.)