If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

A60 / A62 Stock preservation?

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by P Scott, Apr 9, 2012.

1. P Scott

P Scott Member

Is anyone aware of any group intending to preserve a complete 4-car unit of either A60 or A62 stock from London Underground? Appropriate groups that spring to mind are:

• Cravens Heritage Trains (owners of the 1960 tube stock)
    • Buckinghamshire Railway Centre (which has an example of the A stock's predecessor CO/CP stock).

The A Stock has probably only got a few months left, and it would be a shame if none were saved since they have given 50 years of service.

2. stephenvane

stephenvane Member

I'd heard that the London Transport museum were planning to preserve a 4 car set of A stock.

3. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

It was said a few months back, i think on the District Dave forum, that at least one of the units would be retained as a RAT and kept in a condition suitable for passenger use - if so, i can easily see that ending up with the LTM when its retired.

Chris

4. Chomp

Chomp New Member

I would hope some of the existing "preserved" London Underground trains would be thought about first, like the 60ts at Northfields and the 62ts at Hainault.

It's all well and good saving them from the scrap yard, but not to sit at the end of a siding for years only to be cut up on site.

5. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

While im inclined to agree, it could be argued that the best advertisement for CHT would be an operational unit. Its a shame the Cravens unit remains OOU.

Chris

6. markb846

markb846 New Member

There is a Victoria line 67 stock car at Pump House Museum Walthamstow