If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

August distribution issues

Discussion in 'The Railway Magazine' started by RM Staff, Jul 19, 2008.

1. RM Staff

RM Staff New Member

There will be a number of purchasers in the North West who get their copies of The RM from newsagents who may be baffled as to why the copies were late on sale.

The problem was out of IPC's control (RM's publisher) and involved the haulier who brings the copies from the printer in Plymouth going bust. My understanding is that for several days the copies were stuck on the truck in a yard while the liquidators sorted it out.

Unless forum members can advise to the contrary, copies finally reached the shops around 2 weeks late, as we had reports that issues were in shops in Bolton and Preston last Thursday. Sadly I cannot comment on the rubbish tales newsagents have been telling customers.

On behalf of IPC and the RM, I can only apologise for the disappointment and delay, and the September-dated issue which will include coverage of the Carnforth open day will (should?) be on sale on August 3rd.

There will be a substantial number of copies of the August issue for sale at Carnforth, so if you still need one, and are going to the event, get one there. They will be cheaper than the shops, but there will be no DVD as this is a special promotion for the open weekend only.

If anyone is still having trouble getting a copy, email me at chris_milner@ipcmedia.com, and if you provide your credit/debit card details, we will post one out with the DVD at a cost of £3.99 inc postage.

2. RM Staff

RM Staff New Member

PS: Thanks Fred for the note !

3. Ben Fisher

Ben Fisher Member

It only reached the (supermarket) outlet in North Wales I usually get it from at some point between Wednesday and today - a good read, nice to see there are still some fresh angles possible on the whole 1968 thing. Won't even niggle about the Vauxhall Cresta that's been accused of being a Ford!

4. Tracklayer

Tracklayer Resident of Nat Pres

Employed
    Secure E-mail anybody?

5. RM Staff

RM Staff New Member

And you thought I was off on holiday......LOL!!

It is secure, but if you anyone is concerned, send the card no and the CV2 number separately, or call Jessica on 020 3148 4327 (M-F, 9-5) and she has a CC machine on her desk, and will process the sale.

6. Tracklayer

Tracklayer Resident of Nat Pres

Employed
    Thanks for clearing that up... Cant be too careful these days...