If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Baie de Somme - Fete de la Vapeur 27/28 April

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by timmydunn, Mar 24, 2013.

1. 45669

45669 Part of the furniture

Retired
    Looks like I missed a great event. Unfortunately, a grumbling gall bladder kept me at home. Anyone know when the next one is? Hopefully, I'll be a bit fitter by then!

2. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

While at Cayeux on the Saturday, I heard someone suggesting that the 60cm "tramway" should be installed between Swanage station and the harbour and now wonder if that was Mr Dunn or if he was in earshot. Maybe next time, presumably in 2016, it would be fun to set up a Nat Pres rendezvous for any members in the area; my preference after considerable research- in the public interest of course, would be Le Drakkar in St Valery.

I picked up friends at Abbeville on the Friday. The station there had a notice up to the effect that, due to the steam festival there would be a lot of people wandering over the main line and speeds would be reduced, and the timetable adjusted accordingly. Sums up the general attititude quite well really.

Tim

3. timmydunn

timmydunn Member

Trains and data
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    'Twas not Mr Dunn but wouldn't that be a jolly little tramway... then connecting on to the route of the quayside fish line towards the pier...
    End of dreaming ridiculously unworkable solutions now. I'd rather the narrow gauge go over the skew-arch bridge elsewhere in Purbeck.

We stayed at the Hotel Les Pilotes in St Valery, which was very good.

4. Christoph

Christoph New Member

Hello all,

I finally got myself motivated to select, edit and upload some pictures of the event. I added titles but some descriptions are still to follow as per now. If you like to have a look click the following link to Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothawagen/sets/72157633488835327/

By the way, I can also recommend Le Nicol's at St. Valery for food which is accross the road of Le Drakkar. They have the advantage of an English menue.

EDIT 18/5/2013, 10:19 pm German Summer time: The descriptions are all there now. Enjoy! The picture below is one taken by my wife. My own are much more standard!

Kind regards

Christoph
    IMG_4760a.jpg