If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Bluepeters Slip On Film

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by IndustrialSteamLeeds, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jinty182

jinty182 New Member

Student at Thornleigh Salesian College
    Thanks! I'll look into getting a copy.

2. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    The still photographs of the damaged components are just as horrific - the NELPG worked wonders to get the motion rebuilt on the locomotive.

Regards,

Dan

3. R Barnett

R Barnett Member

Copy write problem.... Who cares if it is...... It is so interesting to see such an horrific incident to be honest and might even be called advertising for the video company (if they were still existent). It sounds just awful. I remember the work that went into 6201 to get her on the rails after Shap, was an interesting year. But after seeing a few bent parts for 6201, I can't imagine seeing a lot of bent parts 60532. One hopes anything like this will never be repeated. Knowing some of the current crews out there. I think were in good hands for a long time yet!!!

Rich

4. smiler

smiler New Member

Hi,

Well I care!

If its somebody elses film then it shouldnt be put on youtube or any other site, never mind advertised!

How can it possibly be advertising if you have put it on her and nobody is paying for it??? Will you bu the video? No I dont think so!

The footage look like an old railscene video?

If so nearly all this film is now owned by Railway Recollections.

I dont like the way I was simply trying to point things out and that because 'YOU' dont like it and you want to see it for FREE then it becomes a bullying tactic!

Im afraid to say that you are against copyright laws and its wrong!

Would you go nick something of 6201 or 60532?

Its the same thing!

Just like stealing from a shop!

If ive upset the apple cart then fair enough but I THINK im right and if that makes me a grouch then fair enough!!!

David

5. Jimc

Jimc Part of the furniture

Once computers, now part time writer I suppose.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    No difficulty whatsoever. If its posted without permission of the copyright owner then its breach of copyright: end of discussion. If it's hard to find out who the copyright owner is that's tough. If you want professionally produced material by folks trying to make a living at it then respect copyright.

6. Corbs

Corbs Well-Known Member

7. R Barnett

R Barnett Member

If that's you opinion then mate, then fair enough. After seeing where your from and what I think you do, I can understand why you said it. (your own personal vids....) But the other millions of videos on youtube (non railway related)......

Rich

8. smiler

smiler New Member

Hi,

Yes i am who you think I am!!!! LOL!

Youtube a very interesting one!

Ive made my point and will leave it at that!

Its not my film at the end of the day.

Smiler

9. 4472

4472 Member

Retired

Forgive me for forgetting all the pedant hair-splitting belingerent confrontational aggresive cantankerous and those who just want to make a very vague point plus those who just like to be awkward and argue. Did I miss anyone? \:D/ Perhaps I should have made my post clearer.

The person who took the video donated it free of charge to the video magazine. It was added onto the end of the video as a free extra which lengthened the monthly steam report accordingley over and above the normal video magazine length. It was a freeby, the video producers made it clear it was a freeby and thanked the donor. No copyright was mentioned or claimed.

As has been discussed before on this particular video in 07 or 08 there is now no copyright.

10. smiler

smiler New Member

Hi,

I didnt realsie that was the case.

BUT, has the person who took the film being asked if it can be used on youtube/forum?

Copyright cant just run out or no longer be copyrighted.

4472 clearly knows the intracy of the film and I clearly dont.

The main reason for my post is that a lot of copying of material is now common place and it has happened to me personally, its one of those things which people dont mind and will take a sly copy under the table but when it is your material being stolen it isnt nice!

This only works with music which is I think 100 years old. Hence a lot of people use classical music in Railway DVDS!

Just for the record, it was heart breaking what happened to 60532! Would love to see it running again. 52sq ft of fire grate! WOW!

Smiler

11. richards

richards Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Just because it's old/classical music, doesn't mean that there aren't any copyright/licensing issues. I think the record company that arranged/paid for the recording to be made has copyright for 50 years from the date of release. So you'll need to dig out your old 78's to be sure that you're not doing anything naughty. Or get our your guitar/harmonica/penny whistle and record your own backing track.

Some suppliers do provide copyright-free or royalty-free music, though. It's a minefield, really.

Richard

12. Kerosene Castle

Kerosene Castle Well-Known Member

13. pete2hogs

pete2hogs Member

Do you really think you are going to stop the hundreds of thousands (probably millions) of copyright breaches on the Web by moaning about it here? Lets stick to trains!

14. richard_3672

richard_3672 Member

student