If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

BODMIN & WENFORD RAILWAY - WINTER STEAM-UP

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by SBZ, Dec 29, 2010.

1. SBZ

SBZ New Member

For full details of this very popular event, see http://www.bodminandwenfordrailway.co.uk/specialevents/wintersteamup.htm
    • FOUR engines in action - T9 30120, '0298' 30585 & 30587, 64xx 6435
    • Another chance to see the unique T9 4-4-0 No 30120, resplendent in BR lined black livery (courtesy of the National Railway Museum)
    • Last opportunity for a while to see the two Beattie well tanks working together in Cornwall
    • Intensive timetable, with departures from Bodmin General between 10am & 4pm.
    Due to the flood damage part of the Parkway branch experienced in mid-November, trains will operate from Bodmin General to Boscarne Junction and to Colesloggett Halt.

A great way to start the New Year - don't miss it!

2. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    This looks like a must. Does anyone know why this is the last chance for a while to see both Beattie well tanks?

3. TA

TA New Member

Hopefully. Don't get me wrong its all very nice. But it's kinda getting a bit repetitive now. Would be nice to have a bit of variety. Personally I'm waiting for the Winter gala that features the prairie tank, the two pannier tanks and the T9 with a beattie maybe thrown in for good measure. I can but live in hope.

4. SBZ

SBZ New Member

No 30585 is scheduled to return to Quainton after the Gala (where it is normally based) and is not likely to be seen on the BWR in 2011. And as for being "repetitive", make the most of it 'TA'......No 30587's current ten-year boiler is due to expire in 2012. How time flies!

5. KEYHAMTRAIN

KEYHAMTRAIN Member

6. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I enjoyed seeing two Beatties together today, and shall never ever be heard to complain about that being repetitive!