If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cab Ride on the Inaugural BLS train - 1913. Remarkable archive film.

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by iswise, Jan 18, 2013.

1. iswise

iswise Member

My brother Gordon has alerted me to the publication on you tube of this remarkable archive film of a cab ride on the BLS summit route from Spiez over the Loetschberg to Brig in Switzerland. It is taken from the official inaugural train in 1913 and is of remarkable quality for the time. There are some rare views of Swiss steam as well as the original rod driven electric locos. It is also fascinating to see navvies still tidying up around the route in places and the almost unchanging nature of the Swiss countryside from a century ago. Enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJdmYDp2tM

2. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    No wifi here so will have to wait until I get home and fire up the lap top. Will be interesting to see as I rode this line as a young lad back in the 60s. Thanks for posting.