If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Cathedrals Express to Cardiff 1/03/18. New date: 14/06/18

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by 6136, Feb 1, 2018.

1. free2grice

free2grice Part of the furniture Friend

Retired Rolls-Royce engineer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I understand that Network Rail gave the go ahead for Cromwell to run today after deciding that it was the right kind of snow!! ;) <BJ>

2. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

Arguably not the day to be in South Wales anyway given the weather forecast. So either way the postponement will help.

3. dublo6231

dublo6231 Member

IT
    Been meaning to post this for a few days and in light of the weather conditions today it certainly seems like the right call was made, however what appears to have been overlooked (or I may of missed it somewhere on the site) was the efforts made by the 5305 group to ensure that Ollie would of been available to have taken the tour at all.
    The turnaround from the failure on the tour on the 22nd to being able to move under her own steam (please excuse the pun) on the 28th is to be applauded. Certainly the turnaround in removal of said big end, getting it back to Loughborough, parts made/re-metalled, transporting the part back to Norwich and refitted would of undoubtedly meant long hours and a gargantuan effort for all those involved - so it is to all these people that I feel most sorry for and doff my cap to you all for your efforts.
    From what I have heard (and please correct me if wrong) I believe she made her way to back to Southall without assistance so it would seem that the repair has been a success and now fingers crossed she is able to make the positioning move to the KWVR. Alas it is a sad end to her current mainline ticket and I'm sure we would of all liked to have seen her bowing out on todays tour (with or without the tail gunner) but alas it was not to be. Fingers crossed it is not too long before she is back where she belongs out running on the mainline.

4. A big thumbs up to this! a fantastic effort and we hope to see OC again before too long.

5. Johnb

Johnb Nat Pres stalwart

Retired, best job I've ever had
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It's still down to do its last run tomorrow from Ealing to York

6. Nick Gough

Nick Gough Well-Known Member

If it's still like it is this morning we will probably struggle to drive 12 miles to Kettering to board.
    Snow drifts all over Northants.

7. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

Nr 9 is the rostered loco according to the SD website.