If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

CME - 2019

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by alastair, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Linesider

Linesider Member

Thanks very much all for your positive words, glad you enjoyed it so much. Great to see the sun shining on Lizzie again, even if it was raining at the same time (a surreal experience even by Shap standards!)

Waterbuck likes this.
  2. Jontie

Jontie New Member

Retired
    What a stunning video and what an effort you put into it. I'm privileged to have shared in it. Thank you very much indeed.

Linesider likes this.
  3. Julian Jones

Julian Jones New Member

Can I add my comments in awe of the video? Forgive my curiosity but it’s so unusual I have a few questions...
    With regard to the southbound S and C section, was it all taken from the same vantage point? Where was it? I note the scenery “changes” as you move from one phase to another. Do you have a continuous version - so for example you can see the steam trail disappear into each of the tunnels and re-emerge?
    Thanks again for sharing.

Linesider likes this.
  4. Steamage

Steamage Member

Just watched this in my lunch break. Brilliant. You've raised the bar again, David. This is just the sort of thing my Steam Age pals and I try to do but we've never got close to this. All I can say is that we're full of admiration.

Linesider and Shep Woolley like this.
  5. Linesider

Linesider Member

Thanks very much Jontie, Julian and Mark - greatly appreciated and you're most welcome, nice to share these things!

No worries and yes it was all taken from the same location - up on Mallerstang Edge. I do have more footage but I couldn't see it entering Helm Tunnel, and in truth, my composition wasn't right initially for it re-emerging as I couldn't tell where the portal was until the steam re-appeared. With Birkett Tunnel, there is a tiny bit more of steam disappearing into the fell, then I set the camera to the southern portal to get it re-appearing. I did film it all the way up Mallerstang but the lack of much noise or sun meant I cut most of it after she turned the corner towards Angerholme. Think I shot around 20-25 minutes, with Smardale being the only area where she couldn't be seen for a few minutes.

6. ragl

ragl Member

Consultant Engineer
    Superb. Just. Superb........

Cheerz,

Alan

Linesider likes this.