If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Corris cab ride

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Mike Corris, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Mike Corris

Mike Corris New Member

Have uploaded a video of a cab ride at the Corris from last Sunday. No 7 sounds good and the variety of different views to be seen even on such a short journey can be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePoUSZ8OFiE

[youtube]ePoUSZ8OFiE[/youtube]

I was firing on Monday & Tuesday this week and I know at least one other forum member was at the line and had a look at the footplate during his visit. Hopefully this video may attract others to our line. We pride oursleves on being as friendly as we can possibly be - anyone able to confirm that?

2. SillyBilly

SillyBilly Member

Student
    Most certainly, though I can remember getting well humoured abuse from a lady in the shop, and from then onwards Corris has always reminded me of Llanmad.

3. RGCorris

RGCorris Member

Corris Museum

Assuming this was two or more years ago, the lady in question has since retired, much to the chagrin of some regular visitors who liked to visit the Museum annually for their friendly abuse.

Richard

4. SillyBilly

SillyBilly Member

Student
    That's a shame.

5. i visited corris a few weeks ago i can say it is second to none everything is quaility not quantity

6. RGCorris

RGCorris Member

Model Railway & Toy Exhibition

If you are in Wales during the Bank Holiday weekend, come to our annual Model Railway and Toy Exhibition, which this year is being held in Corris School, right next to Corris Station, so can easily be combined with a ride on the railway (and a trip underground in the former Braichgoch Quarry courtesy of King Arthur's Labyrinth).

Richard