If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Didcot: 'All in a Day's Work' - 2nd-4th May

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Kerosene Castle, Apr 16, 2009.

1. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I visited with my Dad on the Monday and we would just like to say how much we enjoyed the event. Thanks to all involved for providing a great day. It's a shame the weather wasn't too good though. I hope that similar events are planned for the future.
    I might just get around to sorting out my pictures (100+) tonight and will post a few up on here.

2. Kerosene Castle

Kerosene Castle Well-Known Member

Yeah, the drawbacks of a Churchward cab started to become apparent on Monday. Just as well we finished making the storm sheet that morning!

3. green five

Right here we go with the pictures: Part 1
    1338 moved around the site and posed for the photographers.[attachment=2:3qamiv2g]1338 wagon.JPG[/attachment:3qamiv2g]
    3738 was just finishing her turn on the ML when we arrived:[attachment=1:3qamiv2g]3738 ml.JPG[/attachment:3qamiv2g]
    5322 then took over ML duties with a claggy start!:[attachment=0:3qamiv2g]5322 clag.JPG[/attachment:3qamiv2g]

4. green five

Part 2:
    5322 then put in some stirring runs on the ML:[attachment=2:n24tdbsq]5322 ml1.JPG[/attachment:n24tdbsq]
    [attachment=1:n24tdbsq]5322 ml2.JPG[/attachment:n24tdbsq][attachment=0:n24tdbsq]5322 rural line.JPG[/attachment:n24tdbsq]

5. green five

Part 3:
    5051 was now residing at the back of the shed:[attachment=2:33dsyyyq]at rest.JPG[/attachment:33dsyyyq][attachment=1:33dsyyyq]castle & hall.JPG[/attachment:33dsyyyq][attachment=0:33dsyyyq]castle, manor & halls.JPG[/attachment:33dsyyyq]

6. green five

Part 4:
    Outside the shed were the Prarie tanks.[attachment=2:27meqyvx]looking to the light.JPG[/attachment:27meqyvx][attachment=1:27meqyvx]Prairies.JPG[/attachment:27meqyvx]
    When the rain came in for a while we took refuge on the Autotrain:[attachment=0:27meqyvx]autotrain.JPG[/attachment:27meqyvx]

7. green five

Part 5:
    The Autotrain also gave way to 3738 hauling the crane:[attachment=2:2fekci7e]branch line.JPG[/attachment:2fekci7e][attachment=1:2fekci7e]break down train.JPG[/attachment:2fekci7e][attachment=0:2fekci7e]Burlescombe.JPG[/attachment:2fekci7e]

8. green five

Part 6:
    After the two Panniers had finished their separate duties[attachment=2:ebinse65]crane.JPG[/attachment:ebinse65] they joined forces on the Autotrain:[attachment=1:ebinse65]doubleheader.JPG[/attachment:ebinse65]
    Meanwhile 5322 continued her runs on the ML:[attachment=0:ebinse65]watching the action.JPG[/attachment:ebinse65]

9. green five

Part 7:
    A few final shots from a very enjoyable event. Once again thanks to all involved.[attachment=2:e2rhtpw0]Taking a break.JPG[/attachment:e2rhtpw0][attachment=1:e2rhtpw0]steam and diesel.JPG[/attachment:e2rhtpw0][attachment=0:e2rhtpw0]face to face.JPG[/attachment:e2rhtpw0] More of this in the future please Didcot [-o< [-o< [-o<