If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

East Lancs Railway's Autumn Steam Gala - 19th to 21st October 2018

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by TrainDude10, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Springs Branch

Springs Branch New Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Perhaps better if the experts on here left the finances to those who know what they are doing.
    Fri was busy after mid-morning, Sat despite the above comment was extremely busy all day, together with 3 fully sold out diner trains over the weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) and two full pubs taking no doubt £££ all contribute to the overall picture. Like it or not, galas are only a relatively small part of the picture, albeit a showcase.
    Oh ,and certainly on Fri and Sat virtually all trains on time.

Bluenosejohn and black5 like this.
  2. Joel Lewin

Joel Lewin New Member

Certainly surprising just how busy it was when travelling on the Friday, but then again my only previous Friday gala on the ELR was the spring one this year, which was rather different for a lot of reasons...

3. steamvideosnet

steamvideosnet Well-Known Member

A couple from me from Sunday lunchtime. After arriving late on Saturday night at my hotel after a frustrating 5 hour drive from down south, and with the prospect of a 6 hour drive to Fort William on Sunday evening, I decided to visit for only a couple of hours today. I will be back... as the East Lancs looks to be a superb line. Friendly staff, some interesting gradients and decent selection of locos in the home fleet: what's not to like?!

With the weather being so dull, I opted for the black and white options!

MHR and ELR.004.jpg MHR and ELR.005.jpg

James

4. Britfoamer

Britfoamer Well-Known Member

Chemist (semi-retired)
    A little late, but my contribution from Friday and Saturday. P1070999.JPG P1080006.JPG P1080007.JPG P1080011.JPG P1080021.JPG P1080024.JPG P1080026.JPG P1080034.JPG P1080037.JPG P1080040.JPG