If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Ecclesbourne Valley Railway

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by martinr1, Sep 12, 2014.

1. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

The latest news is that the formal opening of the new platform building will take place on Wednesday 9th October.

The Wirksworth Model Railway Exhibition on 19/20th October will be an ideal opportunity to come and see it.

D7076 and 49010 like this.
  2. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

Inside the new platform building, picture courtesy of Tom Tait.[​IMG]

3. Jamie Glover

Jamie Glover Member

Civil engineer (Railway infrastructure).
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Where is the picture?

4. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

The picture is part of the interior of the brand new platform building at Wirksworth.

5. Ploughman

Ploughman Well-Known Member

Ex a lot of things.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Is it snowing heavily or is it thick fog?

6. ghost

ghost Well-Known Member

The picture is not showing on the forum

Keith

Gav106 and desperado like this.
  7. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

A friend of mine was recently repainting the Peak Oil premises at Shottle station and got quite a surprise when the ex-London Underground coach glided through on battery power. "We're lost" said the driver. I gather it was a successful test run to Duffield and back. The coach has since been into the shed for repainting; personally I'd like to see it feature in the Wizards of Wirksworth event on 27th October as a magically unexplained arrival, but I suspecty that event will be busy and complicated enough as it is. Also in the shed, the LMSCA BTO is now in red gloss and the prefabricated seats are being fitted rapidly. The shed itself is being extended; the steelwork is up and the roof sheets are on, though the ground is getting a little swampy and the mud will need cleaning out.

The Birmingham students made a good start on preparations for the new carriage siding which the volunteers will comntinue as maintenance work permits. We are looking for the right hand half of a left hand straight cut B switch if anyone has this item for disposal.

8. sleepermonster

sleepermonster Member

The carriage department are very busy at the moment. Two more Gresley coaches have arrived from the NYMR and are receiving attention. A BR Mk1 buffet has also arrived from the NYMR for contract repair and work began to strip rusted end cladding even before it was shunted out of the car park. The Shottle Shuttle autumn service has begun.

Johnme101 and Gav106 like this.