If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Finally Finished restoring my LED Ground Position Signal

Discussion in 'Railwayana' started by burgerbern, Mar 30, 2018.

1. burgerbern

burgerbern New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I purchased a LED GPL last year not knowing if it was U/S or not with regard to the LED sealed units, it needed some work as it had been out in someones garden for about 18 months and some of the powder coating had failed and had allowed some corrosion to the aluminium housing, anyway over time i have dealt with the corrosion and wanting to keep the original paint where it was ok (85% was intact) i only resprayed the areas that had failed with matt black paint, rather than the whole, as it was 110V AC i was unable to test the lamps until i purchased a 110v transformer the other week and to my relief the lamps are ok, so this is the test pics from its assembled test today (i intend to get a metal frame made to raise it about 18" off the ground for final display) I also managed to find a enamel plate of the correct type to display with it.

so all in all i am very happy as i have no room indoors for a full size signal LED or semaphore.

Signal_Red.jpg
    Signal_White.jpg