If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Fire at Blonay-Chamby museum line in Switzerland

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by Christoph, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Christoph

Christoph New Member

A fire at the Blonay-Chamby museum line in Switzerland near Montreux has destroyed a goods van and casued damage to an electric steeple-cab loco, an EMU, two coaches and the store of spare parts on Sunday morning, 15 December: http://www.blonay-chamby.ch/?page=p_news&id_p_p=195 and http://www.24heures.ch/vaud-regions...-exclut-la-these-de-l-accident/story/11188154. As there were two fires in two different locations on either side of the main depot and workshop a museum society officer did not believe the fires were incidental.

Christoph

2. Corbs

Corbs Well-Known Member

3. 5944

5944 Resident of Nat Pres

Train Maintainer for GTR at Hornsey
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
  4. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    I hope the stock isn't too badly damaged ! I visited his line in July during a visit to Vevey - on Lake Geneva - and found it both interesting and charming with an eclectic mix of motive power. Saddened to think of a fire but sadder still to hear it's thought to be deliberate.