If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

FR Locomotives as found

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Eagle1711, May 26, 2014.

1. lynbarn

lynbarn Well-Known Member

Working in the NHS as a Maintenance Electrician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Having just found this thread I hope this is still in keeping, but my take on this story is that Rev Awdry was thinking about LEW the L&BR engine in Brazil as to all ententes purpose this loco has been lost, that said there is still an open paper trail going on to try and put this story to bed once and for all.

2. Miff

Miff Part of the furniture Friend

That’s not what the Rev. says in his foreword. He reckons the lost loco was retrieved and put back to work, so it couldn’t be Lew.

3. lynbarn

lynbarn Well-Known Member

Working in the NHS as a Maintenance Electrician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I was going to say the only loco which come any where close to this is the one now being restored at the Breacon Mountain Railway, but that has not worked since it came back and as far as I know, I don't know of a steam loco which has come back from Brazil which is now working.

Don't for get this just a story and is largely based on a number of stores doing the rounds in the 1960's.

Colin

S.A.C. Martin likes this.