If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Germany: Steam meeting at Bebra coming weekend

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by Christoph, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Christoph

Christoph New Member

Hello all,

The next big steam event in Germany will be the "Dampftage" at Bebra on Saturday, 1 May with a meeting of several steam locos and a fair number of steam specials. The website (German only) is http://www.dampfloktreffen-bebra.de/index.html

Planned locos are:

Steam:
    01 118
    01 1075
    41 018
    41 096
    41 360
    41 1144
    50 3501
    50 3610
    52 1360
    58 311

Diesel:
    212 084
    class 798 railbus

Electric:
    E18 047

There are steam trains to Bebra from Rotterdam, Stuttgart, Nürnberg, Vienenburg, Hanau, Meiningen and Braunschweig plus a few local shuttles.

There will be three parallel runs over the Cornberg with all trains double headed and with a banker.

At the insistance of my wife (!) I'll be there but more to ride than to photograph.

Kind regards

Christoph

2. RayMason

RayMason Member

Company secretary. Finance director
    Looking fwd to Bebra!!

Arriving on SSN train from Rotterdam + Hook - Amsterdam-Rotterdam on wednesday. Home via 58.311 to Karlsruhe(?)

Lots of action planned...................

3. 45669

45669 Part of the furniture

Retired
    How did it go? Have you any pictures to show us?

4. RayMason

RayMason Member

Company secretary. Finance director
    Day trip in Holland was with 01.1075 with a good route+2hrs in Amsterdam. 65 tank "unavailable"

Rotterdam-Bebra. No prob. 41.360 added as booked.Some late running

Bebra!! How to report?

2 parallel runs up to 90late. Good fun....... 2 locos (not3) on both my runs.

"Fast Kassel-Bebra" run sat eve--max c60mph

Ace run with a 58 t/f on a stopper with 2 coaches. Also, an eve run to Gottingen with 52.1360 V GOOD. The Hannover run seemed excellent.

Sorry Ron,I dont phot anymore but enjoy your wonderful overseas photos!!

Some cancellations/v late running(ie 120late on the eve Eisenach run)

58.311 to Karlruhe on the Sunday--steam off at Darmstadt+a lot of diesel shove on a v heavy load. No warning of early steam finish.....v few passengers on board

Overall--good fun/atmosphere with some people disgruntled over issues like lineside buses.........

I had LOTS of fun+cleared a useful stretch of track. Sad that 64 tank +38.3199 "no-show"

Lots more to report -- just a brief comment. Off to Interlaken this W/e. VERY good prog incl 241A 52 64 01.202 5810(SBB) etc + mg 1067/208/B.C JS tank etc with a parade of "10 locos" Lots of spl trains from Basle/Bern/St Sulphice etc. Swiss spl shows are vvv good indeed IMHO..... Ray Mason

5. Christoph

Christoph New Member

Hello,

I have not gone digital yet but my wife has, so a small selection here:

[​IMG]
    Aboard the Kassel - Bebra train hauled by 41 360 on Saturday morning near Melsungen. Very nice Belgian first class coaches by the way!

[​IMG]
    Close-up of 01 1075 on the first parallel run. The crews did a marvellous job with one train overtaking the other at frequent intervals, then loosing speed to fall behind and catch up again.

[​IMG]
    As the first parallel run was about 90 minutes late the trains had to wait at Sontra for the two specials from Braunschweig and Vienenburg to arrive. The train in the background is the one from Vienenburg with 52 1360. This shows the number of people watching even at this outpost of the event!

[​IMG]
    Meeting of two class 41s at Bebra.

Kind regards

Christoph