If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Hornby OO gauge "Limited Edition" Turkish liveried Stanier 8F now available

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by Clive Hanley, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Clive Hanley

Clive Hanley Member

Accountant
    I was contacted last autumn by the Turkish Railroaders Club asking for my permission to use a couple of my photos of the G&WR based Stanier 8F no. 45160 on the box of a limited edition model of Turkish liveried Stanier 8F no 45161. With a bit of tweaking in Photoshop on the numberplate I was able to oblige.

The last few models are now available on e-bay for anybody that would like to get their hands on one of these unique models.

EXCLUSIVE & LIMITED EDITION TCDD 45161 TURKISH RAILWAYS CLASS 45000 by HORNBY | eBay

For any further details please feel free to contact Harun Yamanlar direct on : "Harun Yamanlar" <info@proses.com>

2. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

£160 is going some, though I suppose it's a comparable European model price.
    wonder why they included the smoke box shed code plate ? Not sure the shed code for Camlik ?

3. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

£160? Hmm, I'll stick with my home made effort for half that! :lol:

Also, I hate to be pedantic (moi?!) but weren't the Turkish ones right-hand drive and air braked? I chuffing well hope so anyway, after the time I put into doing mine! :D

4. Harun

Harun New Member

Hi,

Our current price is £138 while the non limited version from Hornby is £134.49. Offers at 138 GBP are accepted on Ebay sale.

This is the replica of the 45161 as it is delivered from the factory as in below factory photo, not including the headlights and some other parts which are installed after they arrive Turkey. So, an exact sister of 45160 as on the box photo except it is left handed. But in any case we are happy to have an exclusive model dedicated to our Model Railroaders Club.

45161 is preserved in Camlik Museum, Turkey with all the additional parts.

[​IMG]

Regards,

Harun Yamanlar

5. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Many thanks Harun and welcome to Nat Pres . Do let us know more on Steam preservation and steam enthusiasts in Turkey

45170 not looking quite as well cared for this year (although with a bright future all being well)

[​IMG]
    070 by Martin Creese, on Flickr