If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Hydraulic Hunting 1969 part 3

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Britfoamer, May 10, 2021.

1. Britfoamer

Britfoamer Well-Known Member

Chemist (semi-retired)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    The year was 1969, my father had passed his driving test the previous year and bought the first decent car, the first was a scrapper to learn in, so it was off to the West Country for our jollies, unfortunately for an enthusiast it was Newquay. The only loco traffic was on Summer Saturdays. After an overnight journey from Bury we arrived in Newquay 12 hours later, no Motorways in those days. It being Saturday I headed for the station whilst the rest of the family headed for a beach discovery. Various trains came and went with Warships and Westerns, the interesting one being a doubled headed North British type 2.

Saturday in the middle of the holiday saw me head for a day in Plymouth, my Dad dropping me in Newquay as the caravan park turned out to be several miles in land at Fraddon. Local train services were cancelled on Saturday and you were allowed to use any holiday train to get to Plymouth. However, on the return in the early evening all services had finished so it had to be a local bus from St Austell with rail ticket valid. Fortunately the bus dropped me at the caravan park, you simply asked and he stopped!

69-020 001.jpg 69-021 001.jpg 69-022 001.jpg 69-023 001.jpg 69-024 001.jpg 69-029 001.jpg

Hemerdon likes this.