If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Isle of Man Railway Number 7 Tynwald Removed from the Island

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Allan Thomson, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    David, I used to visit the Island every year in the 60's for my annual fix at the TT races, but I would always persuade my mates to leave their bikes for a day and have a run on the train down to Santon and beyond. It never seemed to rain in those days, did it....:smile:

2. IOM BP

IOM BP New Member

I would just like to say as an Isle of Man residing enthusiast I am truly embarrassed by the venom that has been shown by some members on here. There is no reason for Isle of Man enthusiasts to slate the UK preservation scene... after all we are one and the same despite the difference in government etc....

Please do not take someones marginalised views to represent that of the whole IOM scene, far from it! We all welcome visiting tourists and enthusiasts with open arms!

3. marshall5

marshall5 Well-Known Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Here,here. However you used the word enthusiasts in the plural - the slating has been done by only one IOM "enthusiast "who appears to get some kind of pleasure from causing ill-feeling between us and our U.K. colleagues. I am sure we all regret the loss of No7 but it is time to move on. After 83 postings can we now let it rest and get on with something constructive. Ray.

4. David Lloyd-Jones

David Lloyd-Jones New Member

Author, Artist & Photographer
    Totally agree... although judging by Allan's numerous ramblings on other forums I doubt if that will happen.

As IOM BP mentioned: We all welcome visiting tourists and enthusiasts with open arms on the island!

5. Bramblewick

Bramblewick Member

On an almost entirely unrelated note, and undoubtedly a silly question, but is there any prospect of the MNR and its branches ever being relayed? Just wondering.

6. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    No I do not currently volunteer
    After due consideration we have decided that this thread has gone far enough, young Mr Thomson seems to have an axe to grind and we feel that this is not the place to do it. Thanks to others from the IoM for their interesting contributions. The thread will now be locked, any objections should be directed to the Mod team via the post reporting system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.