If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Jinty 47493 appearing as 7493

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by matt41312, Jun 30, 2009.

1. matt41312

matt41312 Member

LMS Jinty 47493 will be appearing in LMS livery as 7493 for one more day this coming Thursday. This follows the loco's identity change for our 40s event last weekend.

Transfers were hurriedly supplied by Sidmouth who I am very grateful for sourcing and fitting to the engine at 8pm on Friday night.

Following the close of service on Thursday, 7493 will revert back to its usual BR livery for the forseeable future as the owner prefers it in this livery. So if you fancy seeing a black LMS liveried Jinty, the Spa Valley is the place to head this Thursday. It could be another year before you get another chance as all the other operational Jinties are in BR liveries currently (or blue \:D/ ).

I'll try and put a couple of photos of 7493 on here as soon as possible.

Matt

2. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It was a pleasure to help Matt out and nice to meet him on Friday night . I took a couple of images of the transformation once complete albeit in the shed .

the engine did look good

3. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer