If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

king edward 1 in snow?

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by diana, Apr 20, 2009.

1. diana

diana New Member

hi i know this may not be the right section to ask this but have put this in the photography section.with no luck 8-[
    but has anyone out there have any pictures of king edward 1 (6024) in snow or a very hard frost that i could use/buy.
    to use as a template to make christmas cards for 2009,many thanks jane [-o< \:D/

2. Have a look at the Week One picture on http://www.wsr.org.uk/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... pow2009pix (towards the bottom of the thumbnails). Hi-res version may be available from the photographer. PM me if necessary.

You may find others on http://www.wsr.org.uk/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... spix200812

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Steve
    www.wsr.org.uk

3. diana

diana New Member

\:D/ many thanks west somerset wizard, they are great =D>

4. James

James Part of the furniture

[​IMG]

That is a really beautiful photo =D>

5. baldric

baldric Member

I agree nice photo, just goes to show that you do not need the rods down for a good picture, see seperate thread if you want all the arguments!

6. hughesfowler

hughesfowler Member

just as as eperate note to the photograph I think you will find the man looking out of the window is Alex koreni from switzerland driving, Alex comes over from switzerland and drives locomotives on most of the heritage lines.

ps hope I have spelt his surname correctly =D>

7. agalpin

agalpin Member

Known to some as the sweedish chef

8. Steve

Steve Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Gentleman of leisure, nowadays
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    How d'you know the rods aren't down? You can't even see 'em! ;-) They might be down, in which case it will be an even better picture than if they weren't #-o

9. diana

diana New Member

many thanks one and all i am sure i will be able to make some great christmas card this year \:D/ :smt007 :smt045 all the best
    jane

10. Eightpot

Eightpot Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Engineer Emeritus
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Does this topic start the build up to Christmas 2009?

11. diana

diana New Member

:-$ we hope she will be back long before then no i do the fridge magnets for the sales stand on 6024 and thought
    about making some christmas cards/brithday cards but would love to do the winter torbays again \:D/ so come on andy how about it this christmas ?

12. diana

diana New Member

hi i have found some pictures of the king in a hard frost on the west somerset railway on the 31st dec 2008,
    1 at leigh wood crossing and 1 leighwood cattle creep taken by dean fisher and 1 at crowcombe by alan turner
    and would like to ask there permisson to use the photo's to make christmas cards for the 6024 sales stand and raise
    funds for the 6024 preservation group, if these two gent could p.m. me as soon as one can to say yes or no it would be a great help other wise
    i will have to keep looking many thanks
    jane smith [-o<

13. diana

diana New Member

Many Thanks to Mr Alan Turner for use of your picture for this years 6024 christmas card took on the west somerset railway,
    also to Ron Smith 6024 sales for use of your picture too they are now ready and all funds go to 6024 preservation society,
    will post the cards later ,

many thanks
    jane \:D/