If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Kingfisher cancellations

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by 1C watcher, Sep 10, 2008.

1. 5596

5596 Member Account Suspended

Just a point that came up for discussion this afternoon

S 75 of the Consumer Credit Act requires that a purchaser seeking a refund via the Credit Card Issuer for a purchase above £100 in value must be the principal card holder and not a holder of a secondary card.

It's not been conclusively proved yet - but the logic trail suggests that could be right if you treat it like contract law

2. stepney60

stepney60 Nat Pres stalwart

It's interesting, I didn't recieve that email at all. Methinks round two shall shortly commence. :smt066

3. 60124Kenilworth

60124Kenilworth New Member

I think I only received the e-mail Chris because I had been regularly reminding them and they owed me a reply,how patient does one have to be?.That was over a month ago now and still nothings happened,although the latest issue of Heritage Railway carries a small report suggesting new investors and the continuation of the Dalesman services this summer being in propspect.Good luck!.

4. Steamage

Steamage Part of the furniture

I understand that people who have loaned photos, video clips and other material to Mr Hardingham for his publications are currently unable to get any reply from him. One person I spoke to this week mentioned that Mr H has had some of his material for two years.

5. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    Well you could always contact him via the Urie Locomotive Society at Ropley of which he is Chairman, does that help?.

Please anyone contact me off list if you require a contact number for the ULS of which I am a member.

Regards
    Chris Willis

6. dp266

dp266 Member Account Suspended

Project Management
    Hmmm.... same Registered Address as Kingfisher Railtours

7. grahamhill

grahamhill New Member

Finally got my refund through the credit card company (Citibank). Not too painful but quite slow. £185 for 2 tickets so they didnt try to pull the stunt someone previously mentioned of claiming my purchase was 2 x £92.50 and therefore didnt meet the £100 minimum. Mentioning the Consumer Credit Act section 75 is the key.

8. James

James Part of the furniture

I was sorting through and shredding my old bank statements etc, and I came across a refund note and receipt from Kingfisher. I was about to throw it away, but then I wondered if it might have any kind of rarity value. There can't be many of these around. Any collectors interested? If not, I'll put it on Ebay.

9. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Perhaps itineraries of their trips, like the regular Dalesman and the imaginative one-offs that happened would be nicer bits of nostalgia.

John

10. Robert Dove

Robert Dove New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have just noticed that Statesman Rail are running the "Fellsman" Every Wednesday: 29th July to 2nd September 2009.
    http://www.statesmanrail.com/fellsman09.html.
    Have they taken the view that Kingfishers "Dalesman" will not be running again ? This linky to Kingfisher-
    http://www.kingfisherrailtours.co.uk/index.html
    seems to suggest that a 2009 programe will be announced sometime .
    If Kingfisher do go ahead is there room for two similar trains ? at similar prices or will it be a huge dilution of the market ? .

11. Nick Gough

Nick Gough Well-Known Member

Kingfisher's website has been like that since early December.

12. dmr

dmr New Member

cant see the dalesman running now and the fellsman sounds a lot better, for a start its a longer trip and starting at lancaster and picking up at preston and were ever else means its more accesible to people and you can find accomadation in lancaster and places to eat or drink what the hell is there in helifield a stupid place with no parking or no decent train connections to or from anywere, so hopefully they will be rewarded for there thought fullness with full trains.

13. Rander

Rander New Member

Kingfisher and Statesman seem to be very similar organisations. The three Pullmans formerly listed on Kingfisher's site are now on Statesman's. The Dalesman/Fellsman on Wednesdays seems to be the same business case, as I know this was Roger Hardingham's ultimate dream - weekly steam over the S&C and eventually the Cumbrian Coast too. Have checked out Statesman and both their addresses are different from Kingfisher's - I assume it's just a brand new management taking over the old assets.
    I could be completely wrong of course, but it just seems a bit too familiar for it to be a new company.

14. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

There's already been a thread locked about this subject, followed by a statement from Statesman saying (not too suprisingly) that they aren't associated with Kingfisher. I guess you can draw your own conclusions.

Chris

15. dmr

dmr New Member

seem to remember reading in one of the magazines that west coast and railtourer were going to be working in partnership to countine the cumbrian coast & s&c services formely run by kingfisher.

16. aemmott

aemmott New Member

But to some, quite a nice place to live!!!!!!!! with 2 pubs, a soon to be reopened chippy, a post office, newsagents and a railway station with links to Morecambe, Leeds and Carlisle which has ample parking when approached from the road at the Settle end of Hellifield alongside the lake.

Anyway back on topic after defending my village, I thin the trains will be popular, quite a few midweek trains though with the Scarborough Spa, Jacobite, Cambrian. A good selection this year and I hope to travel on most of them at some point.

17. dmr

dmr New Member

8-[ sorry to any helifield people if i upset them im sure its okay, but i am still happy the fellsman will start at lancaster and not helifield.

18. aemmott

aemmott New Member

I will let you off this time! I am happy about the Lancaster start too, I have never travelled over the Clitheroe branch before after the reroute of the Cumbrian Fellsman. My only comment would be that it would be superb if the return was over Shap!

19. AndyP

AndyP New Member

Retired Civil Servant
    I finally received a re-imbursement of £237.50 from VISA last week after several attempts to contact the elusive Mr Hardingham re booking last JUNE!!.
    Perhaps I should have known better than to book with Kingfisher as my history with them is ... 2 bookings = 2 cancellations.

I Think I'll try the Cotton Mill Express. :-k

20. blackfive

blackfive Member

But then you'd have to run back to Carnforth via Preston and Hellifield to get the all the passengers back home. That would make a long day!
    The thing to remember is that these trains aren't really aimed at the likes of us. They've got to be attractive to Joe Public who will, hopefully, fill the majority of seats.