If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Kingsbridge & District Light Railway

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Greenway, May 21, 2018.

1. Greenway

Greenway Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    When I saw the BBC news (Devon) comment I though the poor old SDR was in trouble again. Not so it seems. I have never heard of this little line although it is not that far from where I live. I rarely get to Kingsbridge which was the terminus of the GWR Primrose Line.
    I hope that this is not the start of another 'anti child's doll' or similar non pc advert trend. But, on the bright side I doubt I am not the only one not to have heard of the line and hopefully the publicity will give the place a well deserved boost. The locals seem to have support for the owner which can't be bad. :D
    https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/complaint-over-offensive-advert-devon-1590393

2. The Dainton Banker

The Dainton Banker Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    [QUOTE="Greenway, post: 2149623, member: 2833" But, on the bright side I doubt I am not the only one not to have heard of the line and hopefully the publicity will give the place a well deserved boost. The locals seem to have support for the owner which can't be bad. :D
    https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/complaint-over-offensive-advert-devon-1590393[/QUOTE]
    Looks as if it is a 7.25" track with live steam. Nice idea in that position.
    In the spirit of "let's be offended in case somebody else might be offended" should we be concerned at the name of the station "Ria End" ? :rolleyes::eek::D
    Thank goodness Devon folk are a bit more down-to-earth than some others !

HY_4273 and Greenway like this.
  3. kscanes

kscanes Resident of Nat Pres