If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Kiwi De Havilland Mosquito KA114

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by tamper, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Doesn't surprise me at all. The CAA isn't known as the Campaign Against Aviation for nothing. :)

2. 2392

2392 Well-Known Member

Yes indeed the owners of the PS Waverley had similar [of a shipping nature] problems a few years ago when overhaul her. The "local" Ship Inspector insisted that all that beautiful timber panelling in the public areas had to be removed or he wouldn't issue the necessary safety paperwork. The Waverley owners got a copy and another "went up stairs" to the Inspectors Boss. It promprtly came back with a remark directed at the Inspector....."If you don't issue the certificate, you can clear your desk and look for a new job!"or words to that effect. Needless to say the said certificate was issued as the Chief Inspector used common sense [and no doubt had a "soft spot" for Waverley].

3. wcmlbls1846

wcmlbls1846 Well-Known Member

nine elms fan and Martin Perry like this.
  4. nine elms fan

nine elms fan Part of the furniture

Retired
    No I do not currently volunteer
    There is a Mosquito museum at Salisbury hall in Hertfordshire next to the M25 Motorway which is well worth a visit, they did have three ex Israeli air force mosies on display plus other aircraft and bits when I visited about 3 years ago, also I believe Salisbury hall belonged to Sir Nigel Gresley a few years ago.

5. 61624

61624 Part of the furniture

It is scandalous that we don't have a flying example in the UK - one should be part of the BBMF.