If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

KWVR WINTER STEAM GALA - FEBRUARY 10th, 11th & 12th 2012 -RETURN OF THE 'COAL TANK'!

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by KWVR_PUBLICITY, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Re: KWVR WINTER STEAM GALA - FEBRUARY 10th, 11th & 12th 2012 -RETURN OF THE 'COAL TAN

Are you sure you're actually related to Frank! :shocked: ;)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

2. Guest

Guest Part of the furniture Account Suspended

Occasional
    Re: KWVR WINTER STEAM GALA - FEBRUARY 10th, 11th & 12th 2012 -RETURN OF THE 'COAL TAN

Can't you tell from the sensible non technicolour approach to photography. I much prefer our "over the wall results" after close of play on Sunday to what I have seen on the net or have had mailed in - but why did the coal tank come in roaring its head off while they unloaded the fire?

The over complicated timetable really needs to be reconsidered in February. Joe Public doesn't like getting cold, and the Super D steam heat valve fault was known about weeks ago and should have been attended to before delivery. Even a tankie standing on the stock warming warming it through might have helped. The L & Y set just gets better.

Seriously - a good one day visit - as we never got there on Friday due to other pressing business, and were guests of 60017 at Fleetwood on Saturday. So on Sunday the target was to deliver a lot of sales material at the VCT, get some photos, take a ride - not all day - and then have a curry with mates later - Have to say not impressed with Sainsburys in Keighley, where you can't get a hot snack after two thirty on Sunday, or Shimla Spice - one of those indians where you need a torch to read the menu and the food was not a patch on Manchester tastes - Second time I've tried West Yorkshire curry tastes - hmmm!

3. class8mikado

class8mikado Part of the furniture

Print Estimator/ Repository of Useless Informatio.
    No I do not currently volunteer

Sorry that Keighley disappointed you me old t-shirt , but picking the 'Nearest to the Station' isnt always the best policy , if you want a recomendation on local facilities then ask for one...

4. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer

Too true, then I'd not have ended up in the Ferrands, which seems to ave changed just a tad since my KWVR days several decades ago! Mind you, the Landlord was surprisingly good, though the wife's Golden Best was off and went back pdq. Of course the Boltmakers was its usual fine self, a few Ram Tam's soon drove out the cold. (Where's Victor? Am I on the wrong thread?).

5. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

Actually, on the topic, and in preparation for the diesel gala, can anyone recommend somewhere decent to eat reasonably near the KWVR? Having tried Haworth chippy/pizza place (once...) and Ingrow chippy (lesser of two evils) we ended up with Toby Carvery and Wetherspoons last year... Any good curry houses around? :lol:

6. North Star 1830

North Star 1830 New Member

Museum Worker

I can claim dyslexia and trying to multi-task.

7. conireland

conireland Member

Ingrow chippy is normally a good bet but was closed this weekend which was a shame... :(

8. Horwich-works

Horwich-works New Member

Vehicle Engineer
  9. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer

We are pleased to release the 'Keighley & Worth Valley Railway Winter Steam Gala 2012' DVD.

The hour long DVD features extensive footage from all three days of the snow struck event. The event featured the first appearance of newly restored LNWR 'Coal Tank' No.1054 running as BR No.58926 plus visiting engine LNWR G2A No.49395.

Also running at the event was 41241, 43924, 80002, 957 and 1704 'Nunlow'.

Copies of the DVD will also be available directly from the KWVR during March 2012.

Details and trailer available here