If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

LU 150

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Christopher125, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Christopher125

Christopher125 Part of the furniture

Perhaps there's an issue with tripcocks and all the mainline gear they have fitted?

Met No1 used vacuum for the anniversary runs (the Jubilee carriage is dual braked) however she appears to retain the through air pipes used for Steam on the Met - other loco's used had them fitted too, i presume temporarily, as you can see in the following photo of 80079: http://www.flickr.com/photos/taffytank/3510576843/

Chris

2. david1984

david1984 Resident of Nat Pres

That's all you can assume as Panniers have run for steam on the met before so presumably fitting tripcocks alone isn't an issue, but you could be running short of space trying to fit them on a pannier with AWS/TPWS, OTMR and GSMR.

3. Paul.Uni

Paul.Uni Well-Known Member

4. NSWGR 3827

NSWGR 3827 New Member

Fitter & Machineist
    Met 1 may not have a Compressor or Main Reservoir(?), But after looking at some recent Photos it has been fitted with a No. 4 Automatic Brake Valve. This obviously to enable it to operate with Air Braked Vehicles.

5. BR 73082

BR 73082 Member

I got my ticket through the post for the 12:00 run on the Saturday, I for one am looking forward to it. The letter accompanying the ticket states that the steam will be either Met 1, a Pannier or 5521 so something else in LT livery may still turn up.

6. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

Pannier is supposed to be 9466.

7. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

8. BR 73082

BR 73082 Member

Sorry yes, I forgot that had been mentioned.

9. Paul.Uni

10. SR-Simon

SR-Simon New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  11. black5

black5 Well-Known Member

Theatre
    Does anyone know if there any tests or light engine movements planned before Saturdays Steam on the Met

12. James111983

James111983 New Member

BBRail Project Engineer
    Evening all,

Indeed there is a planned run. Publications don't state which engine but a run is planned for Wednesday night Thursday morning in engineering hours. Times below,

Depart Ruislip depot 23:50. Depart harrow on the hill 00:15 to Watford south junction. Departs Amersham to road 34 to stable at 00:52. It's then running back to chalfont latimer sub gap all night until leaving Amersham back to HOTH at 05:10. Departs HOTH to Ruislip at 06:03 to stable back at Ruislip depot.

I've been informed from colleagues that the engines and assume stock will all be stabled at Ruislip depot for the weekend's runnings. Note this depot has no public access so please don't attempt access of any sort.

James

13. 6136

6136 Member

Useful information James thank you. Do you (or anone else) know if there is a staff special planned? And any details? I think I remember a reference made to it somewhere but I can't remember where.

Reference has been made earlier in the thread comparing this operation unfavourably with previous Met events. I am struck by the very close similarities to the first such event (1989?) organised to mark the Chesham branch centenary. This also used Met 1 and 9466 topping and tailing with a slug and with 3 runs per day. This is what Steam on the Met grew out of. Here's hoping. If there are to be more events in the future I think it's good to start small and build up. A considerable body of expertise was created during the 1990's which has now been lost.

14. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Seeing as how the trips are T&T with a box, does anybody know how the loco's are to be rostered- one trip a day each or one day each, if its the latter - then which loco which day?

It would be useful to know either way as it will either save me a lot of to & fro-ing ( I'm not hanging around for several hours between trains when I can drive home in five minutes!) and get all three loco's on one day, or get two miss one as I'll be be down at the Mid- Hants on Sunday, and if it is the former I might be tempted to visit the GWSR on the Monday!

15. jon5051

jon5051 Member

No I do not currently volunteer
  16. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Thanks for that!

It means I can see all three on Saturday, do my stint at the MHR on Sunday, and if I've got any energy left then pootle over to the GWSR on Monday.....................................................

And here's the link to the FAQ's http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/assets/downloads/pdfs/SteamontheMetFAQs.pdf

And the timetable http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/assets/downloads/pdfs/SteamontheMetTimetable.pdf

17. James111983

James111983 New Member

BBRail Project Engineer
    @ 6136 - I believe there is a run this Friday for staff only. I don't know times or anything though but I'll try and find out. Sadly I'm away at a music festival this weekend, poor planning on my behalf, so I'm missing these runs.

Hopefully the runs planned in September will be more kind for me.

James

18. Paul.Uni

The SOTM ticket page did show a train on Friday at 1pm. It is no longer on the ticket page.

19. scartledge

scartledge New Member

Friday Evening Staff Only run is Wembley Park (Dep. 18:49) - Amersham (Arr. 19:25) - Amersham (Dep. 19:59) - HOTH (Arr. 20:37).

Usual LU rules for photography will apply (i.e. no tripods on the platforms).

Shaun

20. 6136

6136 Member

Many thanks Scartledge/Paul/James.