If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Lynton & Barnstaple 10th Anniversary Spring Gala 10-12 May 2013

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Old Kent Biker, May 2, 2013.

1. Old Kent Biker

Old Kent Biker Member

ex IT Consultant
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Not only is the FR L&B Manning Wardle replica LYD returning to Woody Bay for this year's Spring Gala, but it will also be hauling the recently-restored "L&B Heritage Coaches" 7 and 17. (two more are currently under reconstruction) Also present, the repatriated ex-Australia Baguley Diesel "Pilton", a 7.25" gauge Baldwin LYN will be running on the miniature line, and components for the new-build full-size version currently under construction for the line will be on display. Other attractions include the Real Ale Tent, FREE Face-Painting, A marquee (Sat and Sun only) containing various stalls, model railways and exhibits will be in the grounds of Moorlands Hotel, next to the station.

Train times:
    Woody Bay (Depart) 10.45 - 11.30 - 12.15 - 13.30 - 14.15 - 15.00 - 16.00
    Killington Lane(Depart)11.00 - 11.45 - 12.30 - 13.45 - 14.30 - 15.15 - 16.15

FREE Park and Ride from Caffyns Halt, 1 mile East of Woody Bay Station, with parking for our disabled visitors available at Woody Bay. For more details, see; http://lynton-rail.co.uk

2. Old Kent Biker

Old Kent Biker Member

ex IT Consultant
    Slight change of running order - due to an injury sustained (not at Woody Bay) by one of the key players involved in servicing AXE, the work isn't likely to be finished in time for next weekend. Instead, BRONLLWYD will be returning to Woody Bay for the first time since 2007 to haul the Thorpe Park Carriages over the gala period. LYD will naturally be hauling the two heritage carriages, so we should be assured of an exciting weekend of steam transport...

3. frazoulaswak

frazoulaswak Member

Retired (at last!)
    No I do not currently volunteer
    green five likes this.
  4. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Cracking set of shots from my favourite part of the world. Thanks for sharing them. Couldn't get down for this event as I was already booked on 5043's historic run along the Western Main Line yesterday.

5. frazoulaswak

frazoulaswak Member

Retired (at last!)
    Glad you enjoyed my photos. It was my first ever visit to Exmoor, and I hope, not my last. It's great to see the L&BR well on their way to achieving their ambition of re-opening a substantial stretch of the route, if not the whole of it.
    I made a detour up the M5 to Stonehouse on my way back to South Wales in order to photograph the Cheltenham Flyer on its return journey. I was somewhat miffed to find that it had actually ran through some 45 minutes earlier than scheduled! I can only assume that it was a cracking run from Paddington, and that the non-stop objective was achieved.
    Cheers,

6. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Indeed it was a cracking run from Paddington to Gloucester where we arrived 51 minutes early!

7. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Fantastic day yesterday at Woody Bay on my "30742 Charters" event . Weather was challenging but it delivered some superb images which I'll post when they are uploaded

many thanks to everyone at Woody Bay

8. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator