If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Mike McCormac

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Fred Kerr, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    The death has been announced of railway photographer Mike McCormac at the early age of 41 from prostate cancer; mike has left a legacy at http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/4979815-light-on-the-lines.

Condolences to his family for a man who will be greatly missed.

R.I.P.

2. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    RIP Mike.

P.S. I think you've got his age wrong Fred. I'm sure he was in his late 50s.

3. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    Apologies - noting his own foreword he was born in 1955 =- hence aged 58 not 41 as initially noted.

4. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Mike was indeed 58 .

He had an eye for an image and was not conventional in terms of his photography . He'd often find a place (usually) in everyone else's way but you knew he had seen something and the pictures stood out for their creativity , without resorting to too much digital manipulation. It is worth having a peruse of his website as well http://www.mikemccormac.com/ and read some of his words.

I last saw him at Foxfield in December and it was clear his illness was taking its toll physically , yet his mind was sharp and we discussed his Blurb book , the work of Colin Gifford and Jean Michel Hartmann. We continued to chat on Facebook until a couple of weeks ago. Pam his wife , kindly shared how he was each day and in the increasingly brief moments when he was awake , shared many of the messages his friends had sent him via Social Media

Funeral details are as yet unknown .