If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Narrow Gauge get together - Sunday 1st May.

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by Nexuas, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Nexuas

Nexuas Well-Known Member

Theatre Technician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Beer, barbecue, steam trains, and live music could there be a better combination?

You are cordially invited to the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway in Porthmadog to join an evening celebrating all things Narrow Gauge. As part of our May bank holiday Gala on Sunday 1st May we will be running an intensive evening service between Porthmadog and Pen-Y-Mount, from 6.30pm till 10pm with all trains stopping at Gelert’s Farm, where you can view our museum, while enjoying a beer and a burger (other food types will be available.)

We will also have a vintage Super-8 film show, covering the early days of the WHR and FR’s preservation plus some other early railway restoration activities. Or just travel up and down the line enjoying “First Class” travel in our superbly restored Buffet Car. The engine shed will be filled with the sounds of our in house Jazz band, made up of local railway volunteers. So why not join us for the evening?

Entry to this event is by means of a £3 donation to the RUSSELL Fund. This covers unlimited train travel during the evening and entry to the shed and Museum. Food and drink charges will apply.

This evening event is open to all card carrying members of any heritage railway.

Friday 29th April – Monday 2nd May.

Sit back while we treat you like royalty, includes visiting engine ELIDIR courtesy of Llanberis Lake Railway, long term visitor GERTRUDE, a chance to Sample some Polish LyD2 diesel action and resident Bagnall steam engine GELERT. Plus Drive an engine, Model railways, children’s activities and lots more. Check out www.whr.co.uk for more details.

Sunday May 1st
    WELSH HIGHLAND HERITAGE RAILWAY - PORTHMADOG
    6.30pm – 10pm

2. odc

odc Member

Network Technician at St Albans School
    I may pop by, even if only from a passing Garratt (or Mallet)

3. Nexuas

Nexuas Well-Known Member

Theatre Technician
    Stop Press - Russell rostered for evening train service (Every word of it is true!!!)

We can now confirm that GERTRUDE will be running the evening train service on the main line, while ELIDIR will be giving footplate rides/drive an engine in the yard. All profits from this evening event go to the RUSSELL restoration fund.

4. Nexuas

Nexuas Well-Known Member

Theatre Technician
    Me again

Just to add the shop will remain open for the sale of books &other goodies for the discerning enthusiast during the course of this event.

Russell.